Lugar Reading, Estados Unidos Categoría Otras Posiciones PUBLICACIÓN 19/05/2021 ID Puesto 2102267
Solicitar empleo ahora
Customer Service / Collections Representative in Collections Department - Reading, PA-2102267
Want an Opportunity for a Career or to Restart Your Career in Banking? Join Santander Bank's Team of Customer Service Representatives in the Collections Department is a Great Way to Start! We are seeking dependable & coachable candidates. It's helpful but not necessary to have experience working within a Retail Bank, Collections, or Customer Service Call Center. We're Hiring Customer Service Representatives for our Next Collections Training Class Starting July 12th.
Santander's Collections Department is seeking Customer Service Representatives who will be responsible for the collection of past-due consumer loans, overdrafts, and credit card accounts via telephone contact with customers. Resolve customer issues with regard to their outstanding balances and negotiate
repayment terms with customers in accordance with bank guidelines.
- Take inbound calls and make outbound calls.
- Identify customer service issues and route them to the appropriate area for resolution.
- Provide first-tier support in resolving customer service issues.
- Use skip tracing techniques to locate and contact customers.
- Advise customers of their responsibilities under the terms of the contract.
- Provide individual loan counseling on acceptable repayment terms.
- Communicate with other departments regarding special circumstances on customer accounts.
- Set up arrangements for repayment on past due accounts.
- Update customer information on accounts.
- Work customer collection issues.
- Perform other functions as assigned by management.
- When hired, will attend a 4-week Collections/Customer Service Training Class in Reading, PA -- Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday 8:00am to 8:00pm / Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am to 12:00pm
- Helpful if the candidate has experience working in a Collections or Customer Service Call Center environment or within the Banking industry but not necesary
- Work independently as well as part of a team to meet common objectives.
- Basic computer and data entry skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Seek information to understand customer needs.
- Communicate clearly and precisely.
- Listen carefully and ask questions to clarify understanding.
- Define issues accurately and identify the critical components.
- Demonstrate the organization's customer service standards.
- Able to change direction as project demand dictates.
- Comfortable with change and can alter tasks with guidance.
- Ask questions to understand the impact of changes on one's own job.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times in representing the company.
- Does all routine work accurately and on time.
- Is aware of their own impact on others.
- Understand the central role the risk management function plays in the organization environment.
- Respond to internal and external requests as needed.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and instructions of management.
- Learn to identify and flag items non-compliant with regulations.
- Support multiple teams simultaneously.
- Function as a team player.
- Work effectively in team settings.
- Show appreciation for others' help and lend a hand when needed to complete shared tasks.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 0-3 years of professional work experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS -
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- The position will be working on-site in our Reading, PA location where we follow strict COVID procedures.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.