Here at Santander Technology we push the boundaries and create innovative, customer centric tech solutions for Santander. We collaborate to provide these world-class technical solutions and are adopting Agile across our business as we digitally transform our platforms and services to create the bank of the future.
Our teams adopt change and continually look for new and better ways to deliver. We collaborate to solve problems and find solutions in what can be a complex and challenging environment. Our passion for excellence and our tech is what makes Santander Technology so successful. We champion diversity, form teams and support learning resulting in a people orientated and diverse environment for all.
We have around 2,500 colleagues working across the UK with a further 10,000 colleagues across the globe and our presence is everywhere that Santander operates. You too could be part of our tech team serving 133 million Santander customers globally.
Responsible of provide leadership in the transformation of the team from the legacy to the new technologies, help with the new architecture of structural systems. Also responsible of the research, implementation and evolution of Structural systems products/services. The role will deal with highly complex technical, operational and analytical environments. These are then used by the engineering community to develop software mainly in an agile way.
What we are looking for
- Strong domain driven design and microservice architecture knowledge
- Strong TDD and BDD skills for developing source code and functional testing solutions
- Mastering Java application development with full knowledge of SDK
- Strong knowledge of RESTful and API design following best practices
- Mastering CI/CD principles. Provide clear ideas about how to provide best solutions for each case and improve already existing solutions
- Strong Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Strong database knowledge to be able to select the best technology that will fit the developed solution
- Desirable operational knowledge
What we offer
Opportunities to embrace Agile with us as we transform our business, work in an environment with leading edge technology, attend ‘Meet Ups’ and be part of internal and external technology communities and work for an organisation that’s dedicated to your learning and ongoing development.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Minimum of 26 days holiday per year in addition to public bank holidays and you can buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year with our ‘Flexi Holidays’ scheme.
- You’ll get 5 paid ‘Selfie Days’ per year (4 days for your personal development and 1 day to support the community)
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family and Dental insurance
- Access to onsite gyms and discounted gym memberships
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.