We are the 100% digital bank of the Santander Group and we are currently undergoing a technological transformation and international expansion.
In 2016 the re-launch of the Bank began and since then we have been in continuous expansion and growth, especially in our technological side. We work in a start-up format, using agile methodologies to take our clients' experience to the next level. In 2019 we launched the Bank in the Netherlands, Germany and Portugal and the next country will be Argentina, with others to follow.
Our culture makes us different; social and diversity clubs are part of our essence and allow us to live our culture every day.
We are a flexible and fast adapting team that currently works on remote most of the time using all kinds of communication tools, we haven´t noticed the change!
Mission and responsibilities:
The Technical Product Owner leads and owns the development and performance of a specific IT product throughout its entire lifecycle: analysis, monitoring, development, maintenance and continuous improvement. The Technical Product Owner direct development squad teams, supports the creation of user stories in line with business product owner peers, coordinates testing activities and approves release plans. Accordingly, is responsible of the compliance and adherence of optimum technical quality & performance standards within the IT products they manage.
- Lead the translation of user stories into detailed technical requirements and technical tasks to feed developer squad teams, providing a systems perspective and identifying impacts and dependencies. Ensures the applicable definition of ready / definition of done requirements get documented accordingly.
- Support stakeholders to prioritize user stories and technical items that, defects coming from L0/L1/L2 IT Operation group and tickets requiring L3 support (based on criticality and customer impact)
- Support the development squad teams to rebalance effort between user story development and defect/ticket resolution, on a daily basis
- Facilitate critical dependencies management within the IT product and across products.
- Support the development of and the execution of acceptance tests based on acceptance criteria, coordinating all test activities and ensuring that each story meets acceptance criteria
- Continuously update the delivery team in case of business changes, in coordination with Business Product Owners and other peer Technical Product Owners
- Approve the final release plan, in accordance with agreed priorities and dependencies, in collaboration with the Release Manager
- Analyze and report delivery, progress, risks and opportunities
- Ensure that the technical debt is properly managed, with the support of SW Architecture leads
What are we looking for in this position?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Telecommunications.
- 8 or more years of experience in banking industry, mainly in the intersection between Business and IT.
- 8 or more years of experience in Information Technology.
- Has led relevant transformation programs in banking institutions such as core banking.
- Proven track record and experience in developing IT processes and solutions, successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic organization environment.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs and strong decision-making capabilities, with proven ability to weigh-in relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
- Relevant technical knowledge. Committed to deliver high-quality, prompt, and efficient IT service within their IT product domain.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understable, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Ability to successfully lead, manage, and motivate large, diverse, and complex development teams. Strong organization, prioritization, and rationalization skills.
- Experience working under agile methodologies and external software development providers.
- The candidate is expected to have hands-on experience implementing IT banking projects, particularly in core banking transformation programs or digital transformation programs.
- Experience on core banking applications and cards management systems. Temenos and/or First Data is a plus.
- Knowledge of cards processes and network integration.
- Experience in digital banking environments and projects, whether from a core banking or a front-end perspective, will be highly valued. The candidate must understand the specific needs a digital bank has from a high-availability, performance and online stand-point.
What do we offer?
- Immediate incorporation to a dynamic and agile company with a growth and expansion project.
- Working in start-up mode with the support of Grupo Santander.
- Competitive remuneration and attractive benefits package.
- Possibility of growth within the company and the Group.
- Collaboration in international projects and possibility of contact with different countries.
- Excellent work environment, social clubs and frequent events (now virtual).
Would you like to grow with us? Join our team!