As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
An integral part of our Home Loans Direct to Consumer channel, the Direct to Consumer HELOC Loan Officer Specialist is responsible for:
- Providing consultative and sales support on incoming Home Equity Loan applications from a variety of sources such as internet, incoming phone calls, branch referrals, and various lead generation initiatives created by Santander Marketing.
- Ensuring that applications are complete and advising borrowers on all required documentation needed based on borrowers profile to complete the transaction in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reviewing and or taking HELOC loan applications from borrowers and determining required documentation needed based on each borrowers financial structure within division SLA requirements.
- Analyzing and reviewing incoming documentation and assisting processing in obtaining missing items as needed to ensure timely closing of files. Communicating with the borrowers as needed.
- Reviewing personal pipeline weekly to ensure loan progression and closing within Santander SLA and consulting with processing when needed.
- Making outbound calls to current and prospective customers as needed.
- Ensuring compliance with Regulatory requirements and Santander's policies and procedures.
- High School diploma
- 5 years sales or service in the mortgage field in the application, processing or origination of HELOC or conventional mortgage loans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Empower loan origination system a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of mortgage banking regulatory requirements with emphasis on Home Equity lending.
- Ability to analyze various types of financial documentation including both personal and business tax returns.
- Ability to interpret multiple credit reports and their compatibility with program requirements.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule. In order to be eligible for this position you must have a valid US Social Security at the time of application.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.