SANTANDER is looking for a CLOUD PLATFORM SYSTEM ENGINEER for its Technology Division.
At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. To do so, we are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020.
This change is only possible with people like you, who will help us to raise the bar. We aim to bring technologists, passionate professionals who live and breathe technology, who will be constantly seeking different ways of doing things, learn a new language every year, keep old computer parts and reuse them in strange projects around the house, continually tinker with electronic gadgets of all sorts, and be considered the geekiest person around by all their friends and family. That might be a bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea of what we are looking for.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
As a Cloud Platform System Engineer you are expected have a depth of knowledge of specified multiple technological areas such as VMware, Windows and GNU Linux which includes knowledge of applicable processes, methodologies, standards, products and frameworks. You would be responsible for defining and documenting architecture, capturing and documenting non-functional (architectural) requirements, preparing estimates and defining technical solutions to proposals (RFPs). You should provide technical leadership to project team(s) to perform design to deployment related activities, provide guidance, perform reviews, prevent and resolve technical issues.
You will be involved in the different projects and initiatives related with providing architectural support on how to design highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective system architectures.
- Provides leadership, technical consulting, and engineering expertise in the design, modification, and implementation in complex Data Center and Cloud environments.
- Responsible for architecture and engineering of large sized projects of the highest complexity.
- Leads the development and implementation of network operation processes.
- Produces, drives, and manages project schedules, status, resources, deliverables, issues, risk, and timelines throughout the project.
- Conducts post-phase evaluations and communicates “lessons learned” and best practices to management.
- To collaborate with project teams to create architecture artefacts to guide detailed design.
- Responsible for providing assistance to, training, mentoring, directing, and validating the work of less experienced/knowledgeable analysts.
- To develop reports for executives, business leaders, and IT management to communicate the impact of strategy and architecture.
- To coordinate with architects and other stakeholders to facilitate the continuous development and drive consensus on changes to the company's strategy and architecture.
- +5 years of experience on a technical leadership role.
- Strong consulting, stakeholder management and leadership skills level in complex/large organizations are essential
- Experience creating system design and architecture documents.
- Experience design public cloud (Azure and AWS) system architectures and migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the public cloud.
- Expert level knowledge of virtualization, particularly VMware SDDC and Openstack
- Expert knowledge of systems and virtualization used in a large scale environment. Multi-vendor (Vmware, windows and Red Hat) systems with global footprints
- Knowledge and ability to use scripting technologies (Powershell, VB, WMI, etc)
- SysOps and programmability (APIs, Python) expertise.
- Experience in agile framework and methodologies.
- High level of English and Spanish.
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
We are the Technology and Operations team for Santander Group. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of onpremise and cloud-based platforms
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
If you want to know more about us, follow us on https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander