Lugar Reading, Estados Unidos, Filadelfia, Estados Unidos Categoría Otras Posiciones PUBLICACIÓN 30/06/2020 ID Puesto 2002062
Solicitar empleo ahora
Manager, Commercial MIddle Market Underwriting-2002062
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
SummaryThe Manager, Underwriting develops, plans and implements processes for creating profitable loan assets for the organization, in compliance with approved policies and procedure. S/he ensures these are done in conjunction with specific strategies set forth by Senior Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in updating guidelines that will help achieve optimal result
- Helps structure loan proposals while providing the highest quality member service
- Resolves problematic issues and guides lending personnel in making sound decisions
- Reviews and analyzes key analytics that will help predict consumer trends
- Reviews individual underwriter and product analytics with each underwriter
- Implements changes to decision-making based on analytics
- Reviews loan application files to verify the data meets organization, investor and regulatory guidelines
- Reviews loans in excess of the other underwriters' approving limits and reviews loans that are an exception to Santander's approving guidelines
- Underwrites a high level of quality consumer loans including both direct and indirect lending channels.
At Santander we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 5-9 years of relevant work experience
- Financial analysis, structuring, underwriting and portfolio management skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, members, and general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as profitability and statistical inference
- Ability to apply concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions, to practical situations
- Detail oriented, common sense decision-making; above average oral, written and communications skills
- Excellent member service skills
- Knowledge of underwriting and experience with all underwriting procedures