Why apply for this role?
In this varied role you’ll build and maintain technology platforms which enable software solutions to be deployed and run independently by software engineers.
Regardless of area, tools or languages, you’ll build and/or configures solutions that are easy to maintain and change. To achieve this, you’ll pay continuous attention to technical excellence and have good design knowledge, with extensive experience of automation.
If you’re someone who’s performed a similar role already, this could be the perfect opportunity to develop your career at a high-profile financial institution.
What you’ll be doing
- Defining and changing the platform architecture based on the needs of the stakeholders and new technologies and innovations
- Designing, implementing and maintaining technology platforms which enable software solutions to run in an performant and secure environment
- Providing tools and support to software and data engineers
- Developing and implementing stable and scalable software systems that improves availability and reduces latency
- Providing options for how the solution could be evolved to provide even more value
- Driving refactoring of legacy systems, to help enable decoupling and modernise the software architecture
What we’re looking for
- Ability to design a platform architecture based on most recent technologies and innovations
- Able to maintain the technology platform with advanced monitoring and support solutions
- Experience of supporting software and data engineers with the operation of software solutions
- Ability to build high-performing and secure software solutions according to the customer needs with given tools and languages
- Experience as a Systems or Enterprise Architect with software products
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle and experience in Agile methodologies
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at Santander? Find out from some of our colleagues.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- �6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.