SANTANDER GLOBAL TECH is looking for a NoSQL SPECIALIST, based mainly in BOADILLA DEL MONTE
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades?
In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
At Santander (www.santander.com) we embrace this change.
We are looking for a professional with high experience in the management of the Technology Service Level with great skills of dialogue and support management with our banks and internal organizations. A challenge that allows you to have a cross vision of the different platforms, technologies, which we work as well as the different types of businesses / entities in which they are implemented.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper. You can click here Why Santander to watch a short clip and learn why banking is still exciting.
Santander Global Technology (SGT) is the team of technology and operations at Santander. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that out work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a NoSQL Specialist, your mission will be to design and support the implementation of the data architecture to achieve business objectives, facing different challenges.
We are looking for a person that has a deep understanding of NoSQL database technologies (MongoDB, Cosmos DB, Cassandra...) and is able to determine when they should be used and how. He/She knows the details that drive performance in those databases and is able to optimise them to achieve the expected results. He/She is able to determine which is the best topology for the different nodes depending on the requirements and targets and is also able to design the required HA and DRS systems. He/She should be able to determine how to properly develop the code needed to consume data from those databases efficiently.
We need somebody like you to help us in different fronts:
• Define and collaborate in the development of data architectures around NoSQL databases.
• Define patterns that guide the use of NoSQL databases.
• Define deployment topologies, HA & DRS mechanisms, performance tuning required... for projects where NoSQL technologies are used.
• Support projects in their development.
• Develop proof of concepts to determine the best tools and technologies to use.
• Prepare the appropriate technical designs for each use case in order to translate the reference architecture to the reality of each project (local or common).
• Ensure compliance with reference standards and appropriate feedback on them.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• 3+ years’ experience as a Data Architect
• Be used to the Agile ways of working
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Advanced knowledge of NoSQL data bases and associated technologies, with special focus on MongoDB.
• Knowledge of cloud data bases.
• Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies and experience with patterns, optimisations, developments and guidance when using NoSQL technologies.
• Ability to determine the best data base type (relational, document, graph, key-value…) to meet business requirements.
• Advance knowledge of the following NoSQL data base technologies: HBase, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Neo4j…
• Knowledge of data bases in Azure (Cosmos DB, Synapse…).
• Knowledge of data bases in AWS (Redshift, RDS Aurora, DynamoDB, DocumentDB…).
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
We are the Technology and Operations team for Santander Group. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of onpremise and cloud-based platforms
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
If you want to know more about us, follow us on https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander