SANTANDER is looking for a FX SUPPORT MANAGER based in MADRID
At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. To do so, we are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020.
This change is only possible with people like you, who will help us to raise the bar. We aim to bring technologists, passionate professionals who live and breathe technology, who will be constantly seeking different ways of doing things, learn a new language every year, keep old computer parts and reuse them in strange projects around the house, continually tinker with electronic gadgets of all sorts, and be considered the geekiest person around by all their friends and family. That might be a bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea of what we are looking for.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
The eCommerce FX area is looking for a Support Manager to join our Global IT team on a permanent basis. The team is based in Madrid and the candidate will need to liaise with multiple stakeholders in various regions and in particular in the Santander Markets (i.e. UK, Spain, Latin America, US).
- Management of a team of 20+ members.
- Incident management, monitoring, communication and resolution. Reporting to Senior Management / CIO Level.
- Handling pressure-filled situations involving millions of £ of trades while remaining cool and collected.
- Monitoring the systems.
- Thinking on your feet to address issues ranging from missing trades to exchange connectivity problems to system outages.
- Proactively preventing future problems by coming up with both tactical and strategic solutions.
- Resposible for IT Platform Compliance and Audit. Definition, implementation and monitoring of KPIs.
- 8+ years of experience in Trade Floor Support role for FX/eFX.
- Good experience and knowledge of FX (industry/markets, FX cash, products, front office processes and trade data lifecycles).
- Communication skills and positive mind in order to efficiently communicate with business stakeholders in the bank.
- Proven experience supporting internal customers, as well as the relathionship with 3rd parties - FXAll, 360T, Bloomberg, etc.
- Strong networks and infrastructure knowledge, especially on low latency environments and Linux system.
- Experience with the FIX protocol and/or knowledge of shell scripting/python is a plus.
- General understanding of project deliverables in order to be able to support newly development functionaliities.
- Technologies: UNIX, Oracle, Hazelcast, Java, Control-M, ELK, Cyberark, Python, TIBCO, AWS, Cloud, Apache/Tomcat, etc.
- Degree or higer grade in Mathematics, Computer, Industrial or telecommunication engineering, etc.
- Full proficiency in Spanish and English
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
We are the Technology and Operations team for Santander Group. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of onpremise and cloud-based platforms
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field