SANTANDER TECHNOLOGY & OPERATIONS is looking for a DATA STREAMING SPECIALIST, based in our MADRID office.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades?
In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
At Santander () we embrace this change.
We are looking for a professional with high experience in the management of the Technology Service Level with great skills of dialogue and support management with our banks and internal organizations. A challenge that allows you to have a cross vision of the different platforms, technologies, which we work as well as the different types of businesses / entities in which they are implemented.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper. You can click hereto watch a short clip and learn why banking is still exciting.
Santander Global Technology (SGT) is the team of technology and operations at Santander. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that out work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Data Streaming Specialist, your mission will be to design and support the implementation of the data architecture to achieve business objectives, facing different challenges. We are looking for a person that has experience and is proficient in the design of event-driven architectures, understanding the main architectural patterns that can be used. He/She knows the details of main technologies around data streaming (Kafka, KSQLDB, Event Hubs, MSK, RabbitMQ...) and is able to design its implementation, determine deployment topology and optimise them to meet the requirements. The knowledge associated to this position ranges from event buses to low latency data stores, going through data processing frameworks to enrich data in motion.
We need someone like you to help us in different fronts:
- Define and collaborate in the development of event-driven architectures.
- Define and apply patterns for event-driven architectures in strategic projects.
- Support projects in their development, when using data streaming technologies, supporting the data flows, enrichment, storing and retrieving data with low latency.
- Develop proof of concepts to determine the best tools and technologies to use.
- Prepare the appropriate technical designs for each use case in order to translate the reference architecture to the reality of each project.
- Ensure compliance with reference standards and appropriate feedback on them.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- + 3 years’ experience as a Data Architect.
- Be used to the Agile ways of working.
- Experience and is proficient in the design of event-driven architectures, understanding the main architectural patterns that can be used.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Advanced knowledge of event-driven architectures and associated technologies, with special focus on Kafka and its ecosystem.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies related to event buses.
- Hands-on experience with event-driven technologies and experience with patterns, optimisations, developments and guidance when transferring, processing and storing data in real time.
- Ability to determine the best patterns and technology to meet business requirements with the right time mechanism (batch, micro-batch, real time…).
- Be familiar with the details of main technologies around data streaming (Kafka, KSQLDB, Event Hubs, MSK, RabbitMQ...) and able to design its implementation, determine deployment topology and optimise them to meet the requirements. The knowledge associated to this position ranges from event buses to low latency data stores, going through data processing frameworks to enrich data in motion.
- Knowledge and experience with big data architectures and associated technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with operational data architectures, microservices architectures and associated technologies.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Welcome to #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees.
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
- Global stability - Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.
If you want to know more about us, follow us on