SGT is looking for an API LEAD based in our BOADILLA DEL MONTE (MADRID) office.
This change is only possible with people like you, who will help us to raise the bar. We aim to bring technologists, passionate professionals who live and breathe technology, who will be constantly seeking different ways of doing things, learn a new language every year, keep old computer parts and reuse them in strange projects around the house, continually tinker with electronic gadgets of all sorts, and be considered the geekiest person around by all their friends and family. That might be a bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea of what we are looking for.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
Working as an API Lead, your passion for technology and thirst for innovation will help shape the future of our platform, now and for years to come. You’ll collaborate with internal teams and business leaders creating strategically API roadmap and executing it. At the end of the day, your work will have tremendous and positive impact, whether it’s in-house, in collaboration with technologists across Santander global community or in partnership with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
- Partner with our Enterprise Architects on developing our API roadmap based on business value within the SCIB ecosystem
- Develop the API codebase and work with project teams to deliver the required features and functionality within the SCIB applications
- Communicate and accurately document all architectural decisions, plans, goals, functional requirements, and open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, and business areas
- Lead development and maintenance activities on the API Platform, help create a common set of API platform services, and serve as the IT Subject Matter Expert for APIs across the enterprise
- Lead API governance which includes setting policies, standards, and maintaining oversight of the API environment
- Establish SLAs and monitor performance on the API platform
- Participate in the Santander Global Forums to ensure the right execution pace in SCIB aligned with the Santander Strategy.
- +5 years of experience as an API Lead.
- CIB functional knowledge covering both business and support capabilities.
- Experience with API lifecycle management on an API Platform (IBM ApiConnect; Apigee, etc).
- Knowledge of API design standards, patterns and best-practices, especially: OpenAPI 3.0, REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON or Microservices architecture following security standards.
- Experience participating on or leading governance activities on an API Platform.
- Experience developing and managing APIs that follow an aggregation data integration pattern.
- High level of English
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
We are the Technology and Operations team for Santander Group. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of onpremise and cloud-based platforms
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field