Why apply for this role?
In this newly created role you’ll work as an internal HR Culture, Talent, and Learning Partner for the SCIB business of Santander London Branch (SLB).
You’ll play a key part in owning and delivering key talent strategies, employee experience and diversity and inclusion strategy.
If you have a strong talent management background, this could be a great opportunity to take the next step in your career.
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying and managing the delivery of the D&I strategy and presenting status updates to leadership Teams.
- Designing and implementing employee wellbeing strategy and initiatives.
- Providing strategic support to the business by partnering in the development of a talent strategy.
- Managing end-to-end learning and development programmes.
- Working closely with HR Business Partners, Business Leads, and Leadership to influence L&D priorities and deliver a first-class learning culture.
- Partnering with Group HR to monitor and review policies and benefits to align with the wider strategic direction.
What we’re looking for
- Proven work experience in a D&I (including overall wellbeing), L&D and / or Talent Management role or equivalent (such as consulting)
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Experience in designing or executing HR strategy (such as. workforce, learning, culture).
- Experience in delivering projects in corporate and investment banking companies
- Experience in running well-being initiatives, including the implementation of a working from home strategy in traditionally office-based businesses
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics –modelling experience and ability to use data to draw insights is desirable.
It would be nice for you to have:
- Working experience in more than one country
- Knowledge of cultural drivers of corporate and investment banking businesses
- Some understanding of Santander culture by having worked with Santander in any project or type of collaboration
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Please note this role was advertised on the 16th October 2020 and will close on the 13th of November 2020.