Risk Summer Internship
Summary of Responsibilities:
Santander Consumer is looking for Summer 2021 Risk Interns in Dallas, Texas. The Risk Summer Internship role will provide the intern with an opportunity to gain a stronger understanding of in Risk Management within the Financial Services industry. They’ll be part of a diverse team of talented professionals who interact with senior risk team personnel, business managers and other Bank disciplines in order to understand business operations and dynamics, and analyze, monitor, and manage related risks. The primary role of the intern is to support the Risk area in the creation process for design solutions, create specifications and develop effective high quality Risk solutions.
This 2021 Summer Internship is for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2021 and May 2022.
The application deadline for this position is Sunday, November 8, 2020. All applications received after November 8th will be reviewed on an as-needed basis.
This internship position is located in Dallas, TX. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students.
Some responsibilities of the Risk internship role may include but are not limited to:
- Assists Risk with certain phases of projects and reports - design, development, testing and documentation.
- Works with Risk personnel as well as business unit stakeholders to help design custom reports and queries and trouble-shoot existing reports and queries. May be required to assist senior analysts in identifying data requirements and specifications to improve and document existing reports.
- Assists in the maintenance of applications and data infrastructure.
- Distributes and maintains risk management, portfolio management, and ad-hoc reports.
- Develops, optimizes and maintains reporting metadata.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at a University or College
- Expected graduation date between December 2021 – May 2022
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytics and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and within teams.
- Eager to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Availability for entire internship program.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.