Summary of Responsibilities:
The Business Control Intern will support the Business Control Office, Functional Control Team across Santander Consumer Operations or other Santander Consumer First Line of Defense (FLoD) functions. The individual will be responsible for assisting in the execution of a control framework to minimize impacts from all risks (e.g. Regulatory, Customer, Financial and Reputational). The role is expected to execute assigned tasks to a high degree of quality within the overall FLoD Business Control Framework.
A Successful Candidate:
Monitors activities to minimize the company's exposure to risk including root cause analysis, risk identification, control design and effectiveness. Builds strong working relationships with colleagues and business partners and takes action needed to achieve a smooth process flow. Takes initiatives and displays a willingness to learn; should drive assigned tasks to completion. Maintains professional behavior at all times and is accountable for the quality and timeliness of their work. Has the ability to perform root-cause analysis, problem solve and provide direction on solutions to business challenges. Always assesses opportunities for process improvement within the business processes they support as well as enhancements to the overall control environment. Has the business acumen and perspective to understand the role Business Controls plays in keeping SC compliant. Flexible and willing to travel as needed.
This 2021 Summer Internship is for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2021 and May 2022.
This internship position is located in Dallas, TX. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students.
• Coordinate program efficiency assessment for Sworn Documents and Notary Activities
• Conduct analysis of any sworn documents remitted by an owning business unit and assist with prep for Legal and coordination of assessment.
• Support follow-up for internal audit requests with business partners only, schedule and support facilitation of internal business working sessions, set agendas, and proof responses prior to sending for approval.
• Assess current repository of regulatory, internal and program documents and develop a plan to create efficiency for document retention that aligns to record retention requirements.
• Partner to conduct a pre-assessment in advance of a planned audit in Q4 2021.
Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work 10 consecutive (40 hr) weeks between June-August
• Willingness to participate in all intern activities throughout the summer
• Pursing Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
• Self-motivated/flexible/team player.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Experience working in a corporate setting
• Shifts and/or s Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
• Travel to multiple facilities maybe required.
• May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
• May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
• May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
• Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.