- The Senior Specialist, Sales & Service Support utilizes customer relationship-building techniques by making outbound calls to existing customers to engage prospects and customers in deposit, lending, and relationship growth.
- In addition, s/he assists the Manager to execute an effective sales strategy; ensures consistent and positive customer experiences; coaches and trains Bankers to maximize sales opportunities and increase the depth of customer relationships.
- Administers ongoing sales and marketing support programs equitably according to plan designs and guidelines, which may include sales contests, product promotions, regional programs, and other activities
- Creates project plans, adding ideas from research, and ensuring that issues, concerns, and priorities identified in meetings and other communications are addressed
- Implements project plans; communicates with various internal personnel, corporate marketing, and other Company departments and outside vendors to coordinate assigned programs and complete projects; resolves problems by coordinating with necessary individuals as needed; secures approvals as necessary
- Performs a variety of activities for a Line of Business designed to support, enhance and increase overall sales performance according to established Company policies and applicable legal and regulatory guidelines
- Provides project coordination to new or existing sales support programs; leads or assists with strategy meetings, determining sales and marketing needs and requirements and generating ideas; provides input and advice based on extensive knowledge of other Company initiatives and industry practices; ensures coordination with other initiatives
- Researches various issues, ideas, problems, and opportunities discussed in strategy meetings to generate additional information to add to projects.
EDUCATION - Associate's Degree; in Finance, Business Administration, Insurance, Economics, Communications or Equivalent field.,or equivalent work experience;
WORK EXPERIENCE - 3-5 years; Project management experience, including the ability to coordinate resources and prioritize tasks under deadline.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION - License/Certification/Designation: ChFC, CLU, other industry designations desirable
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and set appropriate priorities to meet deadlines,
- Attention to detail
- Database record maintenance and reporting
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation skills and writing ability,
- Experience coaching and influencing others to achieve goals
- Maintains appropriate sales licensing
- P.C. software applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Access, Callidus, PeopleSoft, etc.),
- Preparation and presentation of materials
- Self-motivator and creative thinker
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills with the ability to measure program performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Strong knowledge of sales support and effective sales enhancement techniques within the industry,
- Thorough knowledge of departmental and bank products and services
- Vendor relationship experience helpful
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members,
- Organizes and prioritizes workload and tasks for oneself and team members
- Actively plans ahead for routine and cyclical work
- Probes in-depth to understand the customer's business needs Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.