We are looking for future leaders to join Santander’s unique, one year, comprehensive Commercial Credit Training Program based in historic Boston, Massachusetts. In the role you will learn critical analytical and communication skills to develop a career with a rapidly growing global financial services firm. With assets of $1.7 trillion Santander Group is one of the top 10 Banks worldwide. The US operation with $155 billion in assets is headquartered in Boston with offices across the United States.
You will start your journey as a Credit Analyst and join other program colleagues for several weeks of intensive credit training and 10 months of rotations. Following graduation, placement is within the Commercial Bank based upon business line need. Placement will be in a location within our footprint, which includes but is not limited to: Boston, MA, New York, NY, Florham Park, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, and Miami, FL. The credit curriculum is rigorous/practical and provides foundational, technical underwriting skills to prepare you to make an impact on the business. Rotations provide the practical experience working in deal teams on live transactions for real clients across Commercial, including Middle Market, Leveraged Finance, Asset Based Lending, Commercial Real Estate, and Origination. Continuous education, a speaker series, mentoring and group community volunteering are also part of the program. We offer unparalleled exposure to the Executive Leadership Team.
Working at Santander you will engage in a high performance culture, with the goal of building lasting loyalty with our clients and developing your career. We seek exceptional candidates with an analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity, communication and teamwork skills ready to play an important role in a collaborative, fast paced deal team environment to help deliver solutions for our clients.
Santander Bank US is a subsidiary of Madrid-based Santander Group the largest retail and commercial bank in the Eurozone and the # 1 financial institution in Latin America. Founded in 1857, with over 200,000 employees and 144 million customers, Santander Group operates in over 40 countries. In the United States Santander’s accelerated growth leverages the firm’s world class global capabilities.
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of Capital, Treasury Management, and Risk Management solutions to thousands of middle market and mid- corporate companies across the U.S. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence uniquely positions the Bank to help companies grow their businesses. Commercial Banking has product and industry sector expertise in Technology, Media, Telecommunications, Commercial Real Estate, Asset Based Lending, Cash Flow Lending, Leveraged Finance, Equipment Leasing, Automotive Dealer Finance, Food and Beverage, Healthcare, Education, and Government Banking.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Graduation from the Program requires passing all requisite examinations, individual and group assessments during the classroom training, and all continuous education.
Credit Analysts will have the following responsibilities:
- Complete the Commercial Credit Training Program curriculum
- Perform credit analysis and underwriting on new deals, renewals/reviews and modifications verifying compliance with credit policy
- Conduct due diligence on clients, industries and markets to identify key business drivers and risks
- Assist in the preparation of valuation and capital structure analysis in conjunction with credit approvals for new and existing clients
- Assist with legal closing process, preparing, reviewing, and validating documentation, ensuring compliance and conditions are met
- Communicate with all deal team members including: origination, underwriting, credit risk management, monitoring, and loan closing
- Monitor and assess client financials, collateral, loan covenants and risk ratings on a periodic basis
- Assess and formally review client risk through periodic Portfolio Reviews, Internal Audits, External Audits, and ad-hoc reviews
- Continuously monitor client financials/information to ensure performance to financial plan and compliance with credit agreement
- Prepare credit approval document and assist deal team in deal screen and approval meetings
- Prepare customer risk rating and financial statement analysis
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related major; minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA preferred
Experience: Demonstrated work ethic and proficiency in both academics, internships, extracurricular activities, and relevant leadership positions
Demonstrated track record in the following qualities: intellectual curiosity, commitment to excellence, burning drive to succeed, perseverance, resiliency, and management by fact
- A strong communicator with the ability to offer an opinion and share perspective
- Able to ask insightful questions, exhibit high standards, open to challenges and new learning experiences; possess a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize, manage and meet tight deadlines
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Ability to collaborate within a team and work independently
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply. www.santander.com
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.