SANTANDER GLOBAL TECH is looking for a THREAT MONITORING ANALYST based in our HEADQUARTERS.
At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. We are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020. And we are changing how we work and how we design and develop products and services globally.
This change is only possible with people like you, who will help us to raise the bar. We aim to bring technologists, passionate professionals who live and breathe technology, who will be constantly seeking different ways of doing things, learn a new language every year, keep old computer parts and reuse them in strange projects around the house, continually tinker with electronic gadgets of all sorts, and be considered the geekiest person around by all their friends and family. That might be a bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea of what we are looking for.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
As a Threat Monitoring Analyst, you will be responsible for monitoring IT security events according to documented procedures and industry best practices. You will be part of first line of defence in protecting information systems from internal and external threats.
- Monitor security events received through SIEM alerts or other security tools.
- Review alerts escalated by end users.
- Carry out Level 1 triage of incoming issues (initial assessment of event priority, initial determination of incident to determine risk and damage, or appropriate routing of security or privacy data request).
- Carry out limited incident response to end users for low complexity security incidents.
- Maintain assigned ticket queue.
- Actively participate in incident resolution, even after incidents have escalated.
- 1+ year working in a similar position.
- Technical degree or Computing Modules.
- General network knowledge, TCP/IP, internet routing, Unix / Linux & Windows NT.
- Familiarity with system log information and what it means.
- Understanding of common network services (web, mail, dns, authentication).
- Technical hands on experienced and with a good understanding of common technology platforms and security technologies.
- Language skills - English (fluid written and oral).
- Top notch computer and office equipment at your disposal.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities, including daily free lunch every day.
- 26 holiday days
Santander Global Technology (SGT) is the team of technology and operations at Santander. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that out work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper.
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles.
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment.
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field.
- Global stability - Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.
If you want to know more about us, follow us on https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander