SANTANDER is looking for IT SOLUTION DESIGN FINANCE for its Technology Division
At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. To do so, we are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020.
This change is only possible with people like you, who will help us to raise the bar. We aim to bring technologists, passionate professionals who live and breathe technology, who will be constantly seeking different ways of doing things, learn a new language every year, keep old computer parts and reuse them in strange projects around the house, continually tinker with electronic gadgets of all sorts, and be considered the geekiest person around by all their friends and family. That might be a bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea of what we are looking for.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
As a IT Solution Deseign Finance, your mission will be to be the technical and functional reference for the Department's applications. It will take the business requirements to be able to adapt them in the most efficient way possible to our applications. Designing, executing and implementing the appropriate developments to cover business needs with a focus on Time To Market and Quality.
We need somebody like you to help us in different fronts:
- It will be the pillar for the design of technological solutions of the Department aimed at solving business needs.
- It will ensure the quality of the developments of the factories and elabs, ensuring that they comply with the technical quality standards, that they are developed in the most efficient way, and that they cover the E2E business needs.
- He will become the technical and functional expert of the Department, technically supervising both BAU corrections and small evolutionary.
- Support the department's IT manager in making decisions about the best development and implementation strategies for the proposed business solutions.
- It will supervise the estimates of third parties, giving its judgment and ensuring its efficiency and competitiveness. Reviewing the completeness of the test cases and as well as the tests integrated in the implementation processes.
- It will focus on time to market, maintaining high quality standards.
- Participate in the meetings and committees of the Department, providing value and criteria for the best development of projects and developments.
- Collaborate in all the internal processes of the team related to knowledge management, and actively participate in the tasks necessary to maintain knowledge within the organization; and encourage continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the adoption of the Department's Agile methodology.
- Manages the relationship with all units and work teams directly or indirectly involved in projects.
- Is responsible for the efficient use of the skills and competencies of the work team and the technical and material resources available at all times.
- Promotes and encourages SPF values and behaviors within projects and programs.
- Project risk monitoring
- Support and support for T&O as technology in the launch of the rest of the department's strategic initiatives.
- IT training / Application development or similar.
- Knowledge of technologies related to the department's applications: Angular, Springboot, PostgreSql
- Big Data knowledge will be valued: Cloudera, SparK, Scala
- Knowledge of continuous integration applications (Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, openshift, Git)
- From a functional point of view, knowledge of Finance will be valued
- High English
- Experience in application development of the Department's technologies. Participation in application development and implementation
- Experience in Agile projects will be valued
- Experience in companies in the sector and / or technology consulting will be valued
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
We are the Technology and Operations team for Santander Group. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of onpremise and cloud-based platforms
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
If you want to know more about us, follow us on https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander