SANTANDER ASSET MANAGEMENT (SAM) is looking for a SENIOR IT ARCHITECT LEAD,
based mainly in MADRID
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
About Santander Asset Management is a global structure with strong local roots in Europe and Latin America. With presence in 11 countries, we have assets of more than €175 billion* working for institutional clients, individual clients, and intermediaries such as Santander banks in all geographies. Our knowledge in Latin America makes us real experts on the region, allowing us to provide you with unique opportunities to invest. Our philosophy is to manage our investments to capture maximum upside but also downside protection. We offer a comprehensive range of investment solutions, from investment funds to illiquid assets, to provide right answers to your needs.
At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. To do so, we are transforming our Technology function, with new hires planned for this 2021.
We are looking for professionals like you, with the skills and competencies required for the development of digital solutions for the creation, implementation and evolution of the new Global Platforms required for Santander Group all over the world.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Senior IT Architect Lead the main responsibility of the role is to understand business needs in order to define IT cloud solutions and architectures that can satisfy both business and IT/cyber security requirements.
We need somebody like you to help us in different fronts:
- Lead SAM's cloud environments and strategy.
- Understand business needs to be implemented in the cloud.
- Understand Architecture, IT and Cybersecurity requirements and implement them in SAM's environment.
- Enable the IT and business transformation through cloud solutions.
- Implement changes in SAM cloud environments and services based on business needs.
- Manage SAM cloud providers for operations and development.
- Adopt new technologies to promote agility and automation in cloud environments.
- Enable cloud Usage in Santander network and traditional IT environments.
- Experience in the “traditional” IT, not only cloud, to drive forward projects/initiatives in Hybrid and complex environments, like SAM and Santander.
- Experience leading Data Science and Data Analytics projects and infrastructure.
- Experience leading and implementing across the company Application Life Cycle projects and tools.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 10 years of experience managing IT services and Teams.
- 5 year of experience in large AWS cloud services managing critical and complex workloads.
- Computer/telecommunications degree, AWS certifications.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Strong Knowledge of AWS Cloud Platform, IT (applications, systems and network) architecture.
- ALM tools and usage
- Knowledge of concepts, applications, technologies of cloud computing; ability to design and develop systems architectures that fulfil the cloud computing services.
- Knowledge of methods and tools to develop a blueprint for the future state of IT; ability to develop the roadmap of it, while aligning the architecture and processes with business strategies and objectives.
- Knowledge of tools, methods, and techniques of requirement analysis; ability to elicit, analyse and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements to ensure the success.
- Knowledge in enterprise IT: open systems application and infrastructure, network and system management solutions, security, IT Operations and processes, DevOps, APIs, etc.
- Fluent in English and Spanish written and spoken.
Other skills required
- Accuracy and Attention to Details.
- Planning and Organizing
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Analytical Thinking
- Continuous Transformation
- Communicating Complex Concepts
- Decision making and critical thinking
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Strategic Thinking
- Cloud architectures (GCP, Azure)
- Data Science, Data Analytics.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
We arethe Technology and Operations team for Santander Group. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of onpremise and cloud-based platforms
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
If you want to know more about us, follow us on