Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades? In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
At Santander (www.santander.com) we embrace this change. Santander Global Technology (SGT) is the team of technology and operations at Santander. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that out work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper. You can click here Why Santander to watch a short clip and learn why banking is still exciting.
As a DevOps Engineer, your objective will be helping on the DevOps implementation to leverage and promote DevOps culture. So you will be helping promote engineering excellence practices to improve Time to Market, Collaboration, Standardization and Automation. But what is more important provide customer value which is what will allow us not just to search for our current customers delight but also find new ones.
- Continuous delivery and deployment process automation: Build a standarized pipeline which allows our Product Teams to build and deliver new software versions having in mind Security, Quality, Traceability and Compliance.
- Build a Testing platform and develop frameworks to facilitate testing as a service.
- Cloud Migration strategies and automations
- Develop automations around public cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP) to manage infrastructure, software and operations in the public cloud.
- Design, develop and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Production problem solving and coordination with development team to speed up time to recovery.
- Code analysis at a quality and Security perspective to allow development teams granting a continuous improvement culture.
- Collaborate with all team members to improve engineering excellence, systems, procedures and data security.
- Technical architecture optimization.
- Products Security, Performance and Chaos Testing.
- Documentation development and maintenance.
- +3 years working in a similar position (as a DevOps Engineer).
- Background as a developer
- Cloud services in main Public Cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Git and repository scaffolding tools (Maven Archetype/Yeoman/Custom, etc.)
- Branching strategies (GitFlow & Pull requests)
- CI tools (Jenkins/Bamboo/Teamcity, etc.)
- Scripting (Ansible)
- Docker image creation over kubernetes tools (Kaniko/Buildah...)
- Docker orchestrators (Kubernetes, Openshift)
- Quality assurance tools and quality gates implementation (Sonarqube)
- Automatización de pruebas unitarias y compresión de metodologías TDD/BDD
- Centralized logging tools (ELK,Graylog,Devo, etc)
- Monitoring Dashboarding tools (Grafana/Kibana)
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
We are the Technology and Operations team for Santander Group. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of onpremise and cloud-based platforms.
Welcome to #TheSantanderEffect. In Santander with just a little action or a simple idea you can do great things. We offer you advantages and means to contribute to the 140 million people in the world progress. This are the key factors which multiply our employee’s actions:
- Significant impact – Where your work impact makes the difference and helps other people and business to flourish.
- Personal and professional growth – Development opportunities based on training, challenging work and roles diversity.
- Respect – Be part of a worried organization– about people, because of their huge community, and about the environment.
- Work and quality coworkers – Working with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field.
- Global estability – Working in a solid organization which has been able to reinvent by itself several times through its 160 years of history.
If you want to know more about us you can follow us at https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander