SANTANDER TECHNOLOGY & OPERATIONS is looking for an AUTOMATION ENGINEER, based mainly in MADRID
At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. To do so, we are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020.
We are looking for professionals like you, with the skills and competencies required for the development of digital solutions for the creation, implementation and evolution of the new Global Platforms required for Santander Group all over the world.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
As an Automation Engineer, you will manage strategic technology operating products and automate activities with cloud products and tools and technical global products to accelerate the transformation.
We need somebody like you to help us in different fronts:
- Administrator specialized in operation products, installs, configures and maintains the technical product and maintains capacity and availability.
- Automates with scripting the integration of solutions into the systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Build and maintain automation software to make administration of multiple systems more efficient, managing, designing and extending a Cloud infrastructure with high performance and a cutting edge in new technologies, taking into account security.
- +3 years’ experience as a Cloud Platform Engineer
- Be used to the Agile ways of working
- Experience of running automated processes in Production environment
- Expert level technical abilities across the IT Operations stack (hardware, networking, middleware, database & applications)
- Automation based in Ansible, Rundeck, Shellscript, Python, Perl and capacity to adopt and develop skills in new
- Experience in CD/CI and deployment of code (Jenkins)
- Experience working with ALM toolsets (Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Jenkins)
- Cloud technologies (experience with OpenShift, OpenStack, Virtualization)
- Agile working
- Linux Expert
- Virtualisation Experience (VM Ware)
- Database Administration (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySql)
- Experience in Software Architecture
- Extensive knowledge of software build cycles
- Language skills – English B2
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Scrum Master
- Experience with SQL (PostGres, MySQL,NuoDB) and Non SQL database management systems (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra)
- Experience managing infrastructure in multi-tiered web architecture
- RESTful service language, RAML, Swagger, WADL, YAML
- Managerial experience
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
We are the Technology and Operations team for Santander Group. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of onpremise and cloud-based platforms
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field