SANTANDER GLOBAL TECH is looking for an API SOFTWARE ENGINEER based in MADRID.
At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. We are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020. And we are changing how we work and how we design and develop products and services globally.
This change is only possible with people like you, who will help us to raise the bar. We aim to bring technologists, passionate professionals who live and breathe technology, who will be constantly seeking different ways of doing things, learn a new language every year, keep old computer parts and reuse them in strange projects around the house, continually tinker with electronic gadgets of all sorts, and be considered the geekiest person around by all their friends and family. That might be a bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea of what we are looking for.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
As an API Software Engineer, you will transcribe the technical and functional solutions from the Solution Designers / Business Architects into technical specifications and its development, certification and eventual productive release. Doing so, you will apply to Group Santander IT strategies and IT patterns to perform secure, reliable, sustainable and effective solutions.
- Develop the required specifications, through the delivery of services and technical components required for its operation with a view of your own development and its integration with other teams and systems.
- Design and develop your own data model as per specs.
- Document your solutions in the Group Santander tools: logical model, data model, workflow diagrams, technical set-up specifications, etc.
- Certify your delivery and its integration with other components, designing and performing the relevant test to ensure the quality of your team delivery.
- 2+ years working with API and Cloud programming.
- Knowledge of API Design, API Rest, API Security Framework, API Management, OpenAPI, OpenShift, Java, SpringBoot.
- Testing (junit, postman)
- Continous Integration (Git, GitHub, Jenkins)
- Basics of Cloud computing (Azure, AWS)
- Language skills - English and Spanish (fluid written and oral)
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
Santander Global Technology (SGT) is the team of technology and operations at Santander. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that out work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper.
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles.
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment.
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field.
- Global stability - Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.
If you want to know more about us, follow us on https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander